Monday, January 11, 2010

Spoonology, the zen art of the Alaskan backcountry


What do you do during a long cold Alaska winter you ask?

Well you've come to the right guy. Sit back and let me tell you the story of the Spoonman. When the nights are long and dark and the you are a volunteer at a nature center in Alaska, let's just say you have a lot of free time. So after you have wasted countless hours on Facebook and adding more blindingly lame content to your really boring blog you go down to your cabin, start a fire, go to iTunes and click on the latest Scientific America podcast, get a piece of wood, a carving knife, lay out a tarp, and carve until your fingers hurt or bleed or both. I recommend stopping if you make yourself bleed. With a little practice you too could become a Spoonman or Spoonwoman. I wanted to share because as I mentioned before, I have a lot of free time.

Start the bidding!

I thought the spoons looked sexy on the beaver pelt, don't you think so?












3 comments:

  1. Hey Matt, Looks like you've had a little time on your hands!! The spoons look awesome though and I particularly like the ladle. What else in going on up there in the River?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance of that ladle coming to Ohio? Say possibly to South Wayne Street? Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete