Sunday, January 10, 2010

Shredding it up on Eagle River



Ok, there was no shredding but it was a beautiful day! I would try to shred but that involves hills and gravity and such. Those things along with me and my cross-country skis do not mix. No shredding for me. Eagle River is mostly frozen, there's just a few open spots to watch out for. The snow is really fast which make it a lot of fun. I groom the trails to the river which can be an adventure all on it's own. I'll have to take some pictures of the beast (the snowmobile) along with me in my super-dork white helmet and florescent safety vest. Sounds irresistible doesn't it? Just wait for the pictures, then we'll see who's laughing.

The sun is tantalizingly dancing on the mountains above the Nature Center. Around the first week of February is apparently when we will again bathe in sunshine.


2 comments:

  1. Matt buddy - Glad youre enjoying yourself up there. I like the overhauled blog too. I got a gig in Arizona for this spring, then I am going to try to go North....there are many a bird in Alaska that has not met my terrifying gaze yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, you need to update you blog!! how are things on st. paul going?????? have you seen the sun yet?

    ReplyDelete